Life is too short to wash dishes by hand, why not use the time for something productive and let the best dishwashers clean all the dishes for you.
If you are looking for a new dishwasher in the market, the process can be an intimidating one; especially if you are buying one for the first time.
The moment you step into a store or browse for them on the internet, you will be given so many options to choose from that will be different, and at the same time, they will have similarities.
With that said, if you are the first timer, then you are certainly going to have a hard time finding the best possible dishwasher for you, then this buying guide is going to help you pick the best viable option.
We have already reviewed the best dishwashers in this article, and this buying guide is just there to help make things easier.
Below, you will find some of the best dishwashers of 2019 that we have rounded up and reviewed for you. In addition to that, if you think you might have some issues buying the best possible dishwasher for you, we have a very handy buyer’s guide for you.
Best Dishwashers of 2019
|Model||Noise Level||Wash Cycles||Capacity|
|1st hOmeLabs Countertop Dishwasher|
#1 Best Seller
|55 db||6 Wash Cycle||6 Place Settings|
|2nd SPT Countertop Dishwasher|
|55 db||6 Wash Cycle||6 Place Settings|
|3rd Danby DDW621WDB|
Small, Powerful & Effective
|52 db||6 Wash Cycles||6 Place Settings|
|4th SPT SD-9241SS|
|55 db||6 Wash Cycles||8 Place Settings|
|5th EdgeStar DWP62SV|
Huge Capcity & Easy to Setup
|52.3 db||7 Wash Cycles||6 Place Settings|
|6th Magic Chef MCSCD6W5|
|52 db||6 Wash Cycles||6 Place Settings|
|7th SPT SD-9241W|
Amazing for small apartment
|55 dB||6 Wash Cycles||8 Place Settings|
|8th Frigidaire FFBD1821MS|
Mighty and Versatile
|55 dB||5 Wash Cycles||10 Place Settings|
|9th EdgeStar BIDW1801SS||N/A||6 Wash Cycles||8 Place Settings|
|10th DELLA 032-DW-909WT||55 dB||6 Wash Cycles||6 Place Settings|
hOmeLabs is another company famous for their kitchen expertise and have been for a long time now. Since we were reviewing the best dishwashers; we thought we should look at what hOmeLabs has to offer.
We are reviewing the hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher; it is a portable, mini dishwasher that is small enough to comfortably sit on the countertop without any issues whatsoever.
Additionally, it is pretty cohesive in design as well, so it will not make your kitchen look odd or anything even remotely close to that.
As far as the features are concerned, all the dishwashers that we are reviewing are pretty good with features.
The same is the case with hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher. Still, you can check some of the basic features below:
- User-Friendly: Over time, I have heard a lot of people talk to me about how dishwashers are becoming more and more difficult to use. However, the good news about the hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher is that it is user-friendly.
- Tool-Less Design: Another great thing about this particular dishwasher is its tool-less Everything is based on quick assembly, and disassembly, making the whole experience great.
- Small Form Factor: Small kitchens are still a thing, and if your kitchen is on the smaller side, this dishwasher will fit perfectly fine in your kitchen.
Additionally, if you are worried about streaks on your dishes, then the good news is that the hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher offers streak-free cleaning, which is great because a lot of people have shown concerns over this issue beforehand.
With that out of the way, there are no glaring issues with the hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher.
It fits a decent amount of dishes, great for one or two people to use. Definitely not for larger families.
Why are you still reading? Buy the thing!
The dishwasher we are going to review comes from a company called SPT. Despite having a generic, confusion name.
The good news is that the company has been around for a long time, and have been providing some great lifestyle products to their users.
With that said, the model we are reviewing is the famous SPT SD-2201W Countertop Dishwasher. I love the countertop dishwashers because they can easily fit on most counters, and additionally, they are compact as well, and still manage to deliver a lot of power.
The SPT SD-2201W that we have comes in white color and looks great with almost every interior. However, if you do want a different color option, the company does sell a silver color as well that should be more than enough for you.
Now if you are wondering about the features that you would be getting from the SPT SD-2201W, you can have a look at them below:
- Size: The good news about the SPT SD-2201W is that it is a full sized dishwasher, meaning that you will not run into any issues as far as the size is concerned. A lot of people have voiced this before, but I can assure you that you will not run into any issues with the size.
- High Water Temperature: Another great thing about the SPT SD-2201W is that it reaches a maximum water temperature of 148 degrees Fahrenheit, which is pretty great for cleaning dishes with a lot of oily residue on them.
- Can Connect to Aerator Openings: The dishwasher does come with an adapter that allows you to connect it to the aerator openings.
- Easy to Use: The great thing about the SPT SD-2201W is that it happens to be one of the easiest to control.
Those are some of the highlights of the SPT SD-2201W dishwasher; additionally, the great thing is that it comes with a stainless steel interior which is great because you will not have to worry about rust or any corrosion.
You also get multiple wash cycles; a feature that is great when you thoroughly want to clean the dishes and does not create any issues whatsoever either.
Lastly, one of my favorite things about the SPT SD-2201W is the fact that it can raise the water temperature to 148 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature is best in situations when there is too much grease on the plates.
The only two gripes I have with the dishwasher is the fact that it is a bit louder, and additionally, the dry cycle is on the weaker side.
Next up, we are going to take a look at another excellent countertop dishwasher by the name Danby DDW621WDB.
I know these dishwashers have odd names, but that is how things work with these companies. Is the Danby DDW621WDB a worthy dishwasher to be on the list? Let’s find out.
The thing with most dishwashers in the market is that they are so similar to each other, it becomes a chore to distinguish them from one or the other.
As far as the Danby DDW621WDB, it does come with some features that make it stand apart, but aside from that, almost all of it is mostly the same.
There are some decent features, so you do not have to worry about spending a fair amount of cash and not getting good enough features. Still, for your convenience, some of the features are listed below:
- Electronic Controls: While most of the dishwashers in the market are still using analog controls, the Danby DDW621WDB comes with electronic controls coupled with an LED screen for easier access.
- Reduced Water Consumption: If you are worried dishwasher consuming too much water, then the good news is that the Danby DDW621WDB comes with reduced water consumption.
- Stainless Steel Interior: I know it might be surprising to some of you as to how something like this can be a feature, but if you have used a steel interior before, you know that rust can be a huge issue.
- Detergent Support: If you want to ensure that your dishes are clean properly, then the good thing is that this dishwasher also supports detergent for maximum cleaning potential.
Although you do get a lot of other features as well, the main highlights have been listed above. Additionally, I have to say that my time with the Danby DDW621WDB was an absolute treat.
I mean, I have used dishwashers that had some major flaws, and comparatively, the Danby DDW621W is much better.
However, that is not to say that there are no issues at all. During my use, I realized that there is no wash timer available on this dishwasher and this is odd considering how the dishwasher is packed with features.
Additionally, another thing that I would like to address here is that you might need to rinse the dishes just a little bit before putting them into the dishwasher, this can be an inconvenience for a lot of people.
SPT is back with another fantastic dishwasher offering that is going to be the grace of our list. SPT as a brand has been pretty consistent, and I love that about them.
With that said, the SPT SD-9241SS is a great dishwasher, mainly because it is the smallest that I have reviewed so far.
Do not let the size fool you though; it still comes with a great capacity that should make it fit for any small household.
This dishwasher also happens to be one of the less boring options available in the market, thanks to the black and silver color.
Not to forget, this dishwasher comes with small wheels on the bottom that will allow you to move it around.
Eliminating the need to make a permanent spot for the dishwasher. There are other great features as well, and you can check them out below:
- Time Delay: For a lot of people, this feature is an absolute treat because they do not have to worry about selecting a time.
- Multiple Washing Programs: If you are worried that you might not get the ideal results because of heavier dishes, don’t worry as the multiple washing programs should be enough.
- Stainless Steel Interior: SPT did not cut any corners, and included a great stainless steel interior to avoid any damage.
- Extremely Portable: Probably the biggest selling points of this dishwasher is the fact that it is incredibly portable, and can easily be moved around thanks to the wheels attached below.
As far as the downsides are concerned, I did not find any major or minor flaws. However, I must tell you that the dishwasher does not dry dishes.
Now it would have been an issue for a larger dishwasher, but considering the size of the SD-9241SS, it is more than understandable.
You need to dry the dishes afterward, which I believe is perfectly fine if you have some time.
EdgeStar is a company that has been around for some time. They are known for producing some great appliances that people have been using for some time, and the best part is that they are packed with just the right amount of features to have people stick around.
Today, we look at the EdgeStar DWP62SV 6; their countertop dishwasher that is small, easy to use, and most importantly, very efficient.
Usually, when people are buying a good dishwasher, they do look for features as you would see in our buying guide at the end of the article.
The good news is that EdgeStar DWP62SV 6 is actually loaded with some pretty impressive features:
- Built-in Water Heater: One of the best features of this dishwasher is the built-in water heater. Great for cleaning dishes with oily residue, harder to remove stains.
- Child Lock: If you are worried that children might tinker with the dishwasher, then there is a child lock that you can use to prevent that from happening.
- Digital Controls: You get granular digital controls with an LED display that is easy to read.
- Dish Dryer: The EdgeStar DWP62SV 6 comes with internal dish drying capabilities that ease up the job by a greater degree.
- Compact: Another great thing about the EdgeStar DWP62SV 6 is that it is one of the most compact dishwashers available. Very easy to carry around as well.
Honestly, there are so many likable factors about the EdgeStar DWP62SV 6 that you would almost overlook the flaws if any.
The 5-foot long hose, the LED display, along with the water heater, and not to mention, a good design are just some of the great things about this dishwasher.
Not to mention, for those with kids who like to tinker with everything, there is a child lock available on the dishwasher that will prevent that from happening.
Magic Chef is a company who has been serving loyal customers for some time now. The good thing about them is that they are constantly trying to improve on what they are offering, and not just that, they are bringing some significant improvements.
Today, we look at the Magic Chef MCSCD6W5 6. A 6 place setting countertop dishwasher that has been making some waves in the home appliance market.
Now the good thing about this dishwasher is that it is incredibly easy to use with no complexities.
With that out of the way, there are enough features to keep everyone occupied, and provide a great user experience as well.
Still, if you want to know more about the features, then you should look at them below:
- Easy to Maintain: The good thing about Magic Chef MCSCD6W5 6 is that it is easy to clean; the filters can easily be removed.
- 6 Place Settings: Just like any standard, high-end dishwasher, this one comes with a standard six place setting that should be more than enough for day to day use.
- Drying System: I believe that a dishwasher with a drying system is the one that I would consider complete. Thankfully, the Magic Chef MCSCD6W5 6 does come with one.
- Digital Controls and a Display: Most older dishwashers do not come with this feature, but the Magic Chef MCSCD6W5 6 has digital controls coupled with a good Led display that is clear to read.
Above are some of the features about the Magic Chef MCSCD6W5 6 that I love. Additionally, you should know that the dishwasher is extremely compact and portable.
During my testing, I also revealed that this is perhaps one of the most potent dishwashers available in the market.
If you are worried that it might be a bit difficult to use, do not worry as the Magic Chef MCSCD6W5 6 comes with a comprehensive, yet easy to understand manual that should be enough to get the job done.
There is one minor inconvenience that might bug some people; during my usage, I found out that the tub itself is not big enough for holding pans and pots. This might not be that big of an issue for some, but still, an important thing to point out.
If you are wondering why SPT is such a famous company, there are all the right reasons behind that. For starters, they have a great range of dishwashers, and while people do think that most dishwashers are mostly the same, that is not entirely the case, and you can see that with SPT SD-9241W.
The SPT SD-9241W is an 18-inch dishwasher, which means that it is on the smaller side as compared to some of the counterparts. This is not a bad thing at all, as I have reviewed some of the best dishwashers that have been on the smaller side.
With that said, the SPT SD-9241Wi is loaded with some great features that should get the job done for most users. You can check them out below:
- Time Delay: This is perhaps a standard for the majority of dishwashers available in the market. The SPT SD-9241W uses a time delay feature that will allow you to adjust the time on your dishwasher.
- Adjustable Racks: Have larger than usual dishes that need more space? Do not worry as this dishwasher comes with adjustable racks that are there to help you put larger pans and pots into the dishwasher.
- Quick and Simple Installation: If you are worried that you might spend a lot of time installing the dishwasher, do not be, as it comes with adapters that are quick, simple, and easy to attach without much hassle.
Although we are closing into the last of the list, we still have some impressive products to look at. Just take a look at a company that is named Frigidaire; this is one of the best companies when it comes to home appliances and reviewing their dishwasher should be a treat.
The model we are looking at right now is Frigidaire FFBD1821MS; a small and compact, 18-inch model that is built for people who want to move the dishwasher from one place to another easily. Additionally, the Frigidaire FFBD1821MS is a lot easier to use.
As with all the reviews, we are going to first look at some of the highlight features and then proceed with the review. The features of the Frigidaire FFBD1821MS are below for your convenience:
- Different Cleaning Methods: Whether you are washing utensils that need extra cleaning, or the ones that need light amount of cleaning; the Frigidaire FFBD1821MS comes with different cleaning methods.
- Removable Filter: Another redeeming feature of the Frigidaire FFBD1821MS is that it comes with a removable filter that you can quickly clean and without any issue.
- Portable: Thanks to its small size, the great thing about Frigidaire FFBD1821MS is that it is extremely easy to carry. So much so that you can easily place it anywhere, you want without any issues.
There are some issues though; due to the small size of the dishwasher, if you have a larger family, or you use more utensils than usual, you might need a bigger option.
Additionally, despite being relatively small, it is on the heavier side because of the interior and exterior being made out of stainless steel and not just plastic.
We are gradually moving towards the end of the list, and there are still some fantastic dishwashers left to review. This is great because this way, we can give the readers more option to check out.
As for right now, the EdgeStar is making a return with the EdgeStar BIDW1801SS. Now for those who do not know, the previous EdgeStar dishwasher that I reviewed was a full size.
The one you are looking at right now is a smaller version that is for people who want something smaller, and more compact. With that said, you can check out the features of EdgeStar BIDW1801SS below:
- Large Capacity: Do not let the small size fool you as the EdgeStar BIDW1801SS comes with eight place setting as compared to the six place setting that is more common.
- Number of Wash Cycles: You also get a total of 6 wash cycles based on what type of utensils you are trying to wash.
- Enough Place: The dishwasher comes with two pull out racks for dishes, a basket for silverware, as well as a tray for cups.
Aside from the view features that we have listed above, there are a lot of good things about the EdgeStar BIDW1801SS.
All in all, the EdgeStar BIDW1801SS is a great dishwasher that is marred by some minor inconvenience that can be a problem for most of the buyers.
However, let’s not forget that it Is still a very capable dishwasher that is well worth your money.
We are about done with the list, with the last dishwasher being from a company called DELLA. Now I know that it might sound strange to some, but the company has been producing some great products for the customers, and so far, has not disappointed anyone.
Today, we look at the DELLA 032-DW-909WT. I know the name is long and possibly a challenge to remember, but we do have links for all the products we are reviewing. This makes things easier for people to just shop through this round up.
The DELLA 032-DW-909WT comes with an impressive range of features, and while some of the features are standard, we mainly consider them as nuances that you must know about:
- Available in Three Colours: I know this is not a feature per say, but so many people have complained about how dishwashers are usually limited in colours. The DELLA 032-DW-909WT comes in white, silver, and black for the best possible choosing experience.
- Great for Small Kitchens: Thanks to its compact design, you can easily place it in a smaller kitchen and forget about space issues.
- User Friendly Controls: Although the controls are still analogue, the good thing about the DELLA 032-DW-909WT is that the controls are user friendly, and easily identifiable.
To be honest, from the face alone, the DELLA 032-DW-909WT looks like a very simple dishwasher, and the one that does not have a lot of standout features.
That might be true as well, especially when you consider the fact that dishwashers are slowly modernizing.
But if one thing is for sure, then it is the fact that when it comes to sheer performance, the DELLA 032-DW-909WT is not easy to beat.
As a matter of fact, it contains every single feature that people normally look for in a reliable dishwasher.
In conclusion, the DELLA 032-DW-909WT is a great option for those who are looking for an extremely practical dishwasher, but don’t mind a few setbacks.
Tips to Buying the Best Dishwashers of 2019
1. The Cleaning Power
One of the biggest factors that you should be considering is the cleaning power of a dishwasher. Now the main thing that you need to know here is that the cleaning power of a dishwasher does not exponentially grow with the price of the dishwasher.
You can see it clearly in our reviews that there are cheaper dishwashers that scored better in terms of cleaning as compared to some of the higher end ones.
Therefore, yes, as far as the cleaning power is concerned, the best way to determine is by going through our reviews rather than telling yourself that if you spend more money, the dishwasher you are going to buy will be more powerful.
Since the cleaning power is not price dependent, it also serves as good news, and it simply means that you will not have to spend a lot of money finding a dishwasher that has the best cleaning power.
2. Noise Level
While the cleaning power of a dishwasher never directly correlates with the price; the noise level does. For anyone who is looking for a whisper quiet dishwasher, be prepared to spend more than you would on a cheaper dishwasher.
However, there is a silver lining here, which means that the newer, entry level dishwashers are often quieter as compared to the ones that we have been used to.
To make things easier, we have made sure to mention the sound level of all the dishwashers we have reviewed, this will help you make the best possible purchase.
In addition to that, you can also hit up the manufacturer’s website for the specific model, and check out the noise level of the specific dishwasher you are thinking of buying. The process is that easy.
To further simplify things for you, we are categorizing the noise levels in 3 categories, and you can check those out below:
2.1 Lower End
The lower end models that are available in the market have a sound rating in the 50-decibel range. These models cost between $400 to $500. Now the thing is that 50-decibel is not loud, to begin with, you can easily have a conversation in the room even when the dishwasher is on, and if you happen to have a sleeping baby nearby, we can assure you that there will not be any sleep disturbance.
If you, your family, and friends have a habit of talking in the kitchen while doing the chores, then investing in a mid-range model would make more sense because, with this range, you will not have to worry about a lot of noise.
The mid-range models run for around $600 and go all the way to $900, and as far as the sound rating is concerned, you get the 40-decibel sound range that you need to keep in mind.
Now the important thing here is that you would still be able to hear it when the dishwasher is at its loudest but it is not uncomfortable, and you will not have to speak louder than you usually
If you want an even better experience with the dishwasher, and you are looking for something that does not make a lot of noise, then the higher end options are even better. Sure, these cost you around $800 to $900 for the models that have a sound rating in their lower 40s, and if you cross into the 4-digit price range, then you can find models that have a sound rating in the high 30s.
Indeed impressive, but they do come with a price tag.
3. Cycles and Speed
The cycles and speed is another important factor that needs to be put into consideration whenever you are buying a dishwasher.
Typically, the cycles and speed specification can confuse someone who is buying a dishwasher for the first time, but if you do need assistance, you can check out some of the most common cycle variations in the market:
- Regular/Standard: This type of cycle is perhaps the most common one when it comes to dishwashers; it is used for a full load of dishes that are moderately dirty. For our reviews, we used this cycle to determine the power, as well as the sound rating of the dishwashers.
- Express: This is most commonly used in situations where you do not have a lot of dishes that require cleaning, or when the dishes are not as dirty.
- Auto: This is the best if you want to let the dishwasher do the work by using the sensors and determining the load of the dishes as well as just how dirty they are.
Aside from the aforementioned cycles, some companies have additional cycles available. To save the readers from any possible confusions, we have mentioned those cycles as well. You can check them out below:
- Heavy: This cycle is best for dishes like pots as well as pans, but the good thing is that you can even use the ordinary dishes; especially the ones that are dirtier than your usual dishes.
- China: As the name suggests, this cycle uses water at a lesser pressure, and is best used for dishes that are fragile. Say fine china or wine glasses.
- Rinse Only: This is best if you have just taken the dishes out of the cupboard, and want to ensure that all the dust is rinsed off.
- Efficient: If you are worried about using a lot of water and energy, then you can opt for this mode. Sure, the dishwasher will take longer to clean as compared to the standard mode, but at least you will be saving both water and energy.
The next thing that I would suggest you consider is the type of dishwasher; now when it comes to this; you have two options to go for.
The standard size of the dishwasher is 24-inches wide, and this type of dishwasher is fixed in one place, and that is generally under the kitchen counter.
This is the most standard type of dishwasher, and one of the main reasons why all the dishwashers look the same.
However, if you are low on space, but you still want to invest in a dishwasher, then the good news is that you can go for a more compact option that is 18-inches wide.
In addition to that, you can even find portable dishwashers that are with wheels and can move around, but they might cost you a bit more money as compared to the standard options that you have available in the market.
I would suggest you to go for compact or portable dishwashers only if you are on limited space or looking for something different and unique. Otherwise, you should always opt for the bigger sizes.
5. Looks and Finish
Another essential thing that I would suggest you to consider is the looks and finish of the dishwasher.
Usually, you are going to find it in black, white, or the usual stainless steel. However, if you are tired of these finishes, then you can opt for something a bit more premium, however, expect to pay a bit higher for specialized finishes.
As far as the style is concerned; you can opt for either the one with physical buttons or the more advanced models will have digital controls.
Again, this is something that varies from model to model, and the price can be a determinant in both the style, as well as the finish. So, something that you must keep in mind.
There is no denying that capacity of a dishwasher is one of the most critical factors that you have to consider when it comes to a dishwasher.
Simply because if you end up buying a smaller capacity of the dishwasher, your whole experience might end up becoming more tedious.
With that in mind, the critical thing that you need to know here is that even the standard 24-inch wide dishwasher will have a different capacity based on the model.
The good news is that most of the websites have these listed so you will have no issues with that. In addition to that, every model that we have reviewed will have the capacity listed for your convenience.
I will be honest; testing the dishwashers to see which one is better than the other one is not an easy task.
Considering how most of the dishwashers you look at are largely the same when it comes to functionality.
However, the dishwashers working largely the same is not a bad thing at all. As they are still performing largely the same.
This makes the whole process of testing the dishwashers all the more difficult. The good thing is that this roundup is exactly for that.
With that out of the way, the purpose of this roundup was to ensure that whatever dishwasher you decide to go with does not create any troubles for you.
That is the reason why we picked the best available in the market.
Done with the dishwashers? Now, you can also use some good pressure washer to remove some dirt, grime quickly, and even paint that is chipping away.